by Lily McIntyre
Hi everyone, and we hope that you’re all hanging in there throughout these times. Lucent wants to remind everyone that we see you, we hear you, we are here for you, and Black Lives Matter. A separate post regarding thoughts on the situation is in the works, but for now, we wanted to offer some mental health resources. Below is a slideshow of resources specifically aimed towards our friends in the Black Community. If you think these might be helpful to anyone you know, please spread the word and share this post!
1. Write down your thoughts (@justgirlproject on IG). Doing this without judgement is very important. Feel whatever it is you feel.
2. Have productive conversations and express your feelings to friends and family (@justgirlproject on IG).
3. Read (especially before bed)! (@justgirlproject on IG)
4. Color, paint, or do paint by numbers.
5. Focus on what you can control (_@hi_anxiety_ on IG)
6. Continue to educate yourself and continually check in with yourself to be aware if you need a break.
We hope that you are all looking out for others and also yourself. We hope that you continue to stay healthy and safe. We are here to support you in any way we can.